County Clerk

Contact Information
Crook County Courthouse
300 NE 3rd St, Rm. 23
Prineville, OR 97754
Office Hours
(541) 447-6553
(541) 416-2145




Passport Services

NOTICE:  During the week of February 3 - 7, 2020  Passport Acceptance hours will be limited. 

We will be accepting applications from 10:00 - noon and 1:00 - 2:00

The hours for accepting applications are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Remember to bring a Check or Money Order as some fees are payable to the U.S. Department of State.

Notice: REAL ID Enforcement

How Do I Apply for a Passport?

  • Application. Download & complete the passport application (form DS-11). Forms are available at the Crook County Clerk's Office or online at  Complete in BLACK ink only!  Do not sign the application. Please print legibly.  
  • Photos. One (1) current passport photograph (2"x2").  Background must be white or off-white.  We do not take photographs in this office.
  • Valid Photo ID (i.e., Driver's License).  Bring a valid driver's license (children under 18 can use parent's ID). If the name on your driver's license is different from the name on the application (DS-11), you must submit a certified copy of the marriage document, divorce decree or court decree that states the name written on the application.
  • Copy of Driver's License. Bring a photocopy of your valid driver's license (copy front and back on one page)
  • Proof of Citizenship (i.e., certified copy of your Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Consular report of birth abroad). If you were born in the USA, you will need a certified birth certificate, issued by the city, county or state where you were born. It must have a filing date and official seal from the governing agency (NOT the hospital). No photocopies or California Abstracts or Texas Abstracts will be accepted. Citizenship documents will be submitted together with your passport application and returned back to you by the U.S. Passport Agency.
  • Name Changes.  If your name has changed since your birth certificate, driver's license or other government issued identification, please bring a certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order of the name change.
  • Who Needs to Appear?  Applicant must appear in person. Children 16 years of age or older must appear in person along with one parent or legal guardian and sign the application. Parent or guardian must have valid ID. Children under the age of 16 must appear in person but do not sign the application. Both parents or child's legal guardian must appear (with valid ID) and sign the application. Please contact us if you have any questions or visit the US Department of State website.
  • Passport and Execution Fees.  The Passport Fee must be a check or money order payable to the US Department of State.  Execution Fee of $35. is payable to Crook County Clerk and may be cash, check, money order or debit/credit card (card processing fee of additional $2)

For routine passport service:

Passport Book – for air and ground travel

Adult (16 years of age and over):

  • Passport Fee - $110 and Execution Fee - $35 

Minor (15 years of age and under):

  • Passport Fee - $80 and Execution Fee - $35 

Passport Card –  for land or sea travel to Canada, Mexico or some ports of call

Adult (16 years of age and over):

  • Passport Fee - $30 and Execution Fee - $35 

Minor (15 years of age and under):

  • Passport Fee - $15 and Execution Fee - $35 

For expedited passport service - in addition to fees above and payable to the US Department of State:

  • Expedite Fee - $60 

All applicants must appear in person.

If applicant is a minor, parents must also appear (contact our office for further details).


Passport Renewals

Crook County Clerk's Office does not review or process passport renewal applications.  You must renew by mail if all of the following are true. The Crook County Clerk's Office does have renewal forms that you can pick up.

Your most recent U.S. Passport:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years; and
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.

Click here for more information