Crook County Courthouse
300 NE 3rd St, Rm. 22
Prineville, OR 97754

Office Hours
8:00am-5:00pm MF

Phone - (541) 447-4158

Fax - (541) 447-6978

Email - Contact us


Crook County Victims Assistance

Victims Assistance - Home

If you are a victim, we may be able to help by:
  • Informing you of your rights as a victim.
  • 24-hour Crisis Intervention to assist with emergency resources.
  • Providing in-court support.  
  • Making referrals to public and private social service agencies for food, clothing, shelter, and treatment.
  • Provide information about the status  of your case.
  • Assist in seeking restitution for financial losses.
  • Verifying and documenting your financial losses so that the court can order the offender to pay restitution.
  • Helping you prepare for and accompanying you to court.
  • Facilitating appointments and accompanying you when meeting with the prosecuting attorney.
  • Assistance filing Restraining and Stalking Orders.  

Victim’s General Rights:  

Under the Crime Victims Bill of Rights, you have the certain legal rights as a victim of a crime.
YOU have the right:
  • to know who is contacting you in regard to your case;
  • to refuse to consent to an interview by defendant or defendant's agents;
  • to have a court hearing if you are harassed or bothered by the defendant;
  • to be informed of changes of court dates and hearings;
  • to be in the courtroom during all hearingss and the trial of your case;
  • to be consulted regarding plea negotiations in cases of violent felonies;
  • to appear personally and express your views on sentencing;
  • to request restitution for your injuries suffered;
  • to request information regarding the defendant's;
  • to request and provide the Parole Board with an address to be notified if the defendant is appearing before the Patrol Board;
  • to be notified, at your request, before the defendant is released from prison;
  • to request a copy of the court transcript or tape of all criminal proceedings heard in the record, the Court  may charge for actual cost to produce the transcript.

In sex abuse cases you have specific rights you may request: 

  • the court to limit the use of sexually explicit information or recording describing a sex offense.
  • the person charged and convicted in your case get HIV testing.
Copyright © 2019 by Crook County